Monday, May 18, 2015

Smile =)

Hello Folks, 

I hope that all is going well back in the motherland. Here in the most beautiful country on earth all is going rather well. I feel happy. I know I haven't been writing very much here recently and honestly I do feel badly however, I just don't feel like I have time. But today I decided that a longer email was in order so here we go. 
To start of and capture your attention, I will tell a funny story. We had divisions and so I was on a bus to another area with my companion for the day. We have to start our studies at 8 so we took the bus from my area at 7 to get to the other area at 7:30 to be able to start our studies on time. Well about halfway through the bus ride the bus starts going really, really, slowly, and then all of a sudden it just stopped. Then it turns off and the bus driver says, "Its broken, everyone get off" and I am like WHAT? So we all get off and make a line on the side of the road in the middle of no where waiting on the bus driver to try and fix the bus. He finally gets it fixed and we get going but at the pace of a turtle, then it stopped and turned off again about 5 minutes later. So we all had to wait again. In the end we got to the other area around 8:45is. The bus ride that usually takes about a half hour was almost 2 hours long. At least it wasn't hot. And we had the opportunity to talk to a whole lot of people on the bus with us. So that was fun. 
I also just wanted to go ahead and share my testimony of how powerful this gospel is in the lives of every single person who is willing to accept it and learn from it. I have seen the lives of countless people change just because they were willing to open their hearts and the doors of their house to listen to the gospel of Jesus Christ. This gospel changes people. I cant express enough how much that I love this gospel. I always said that I would never be one of those missionaries that sounded cliche when they talked about their mission and sounded like a super Jesus freak when they talked, but now I couldn't care less if someone thinks that I am a Jesus freak. Yo amo mi Señor y no tengo vergüenza a compartirlo con los demás. I know that my Savior lived, and died, and lives again for me. I know that the message of this gospel is exactly what every single person that will ever see the face of planet earth needs to be happy not just in this life but in the life to come. It's not too hard to do what The Lord asks of us.
I love this country and I love these people. I will be really honest, before I came on the mission I did have a testimony, I wouldn't have come had I not. But I came on the mission not knowing exactly what I was getting myself into. I never imagined that I would be able to have a testimony as strong as I do now. I feel like the love I have for this gospel sometimes might make my heart explode. 
Here are some photos to make sure none of you forget what I look like.


This is Hermana Walfield. She's from Virginia and I love her a whole bunch. This was on mothers day so we both made ourselves look presentable to talk to our families.She is going to buy me some ice cream so that makes me happy. 



This is my adorable companion Hermana Garcia. I love her. In fact, we all made ourselves presentable to talk to our families. 


This is Hermano Alexis. He was turning 40 and his wife told us that he has never once had a birthday cake in his whole life. So we bought him one. He cried and it was wonderful.



 This is Hermana Elizabeth. She has 10 kids and gives everything to them. Nobody ever does anything for her so we celebrated her birthday and she was so happy​



This picture you cant see really good, but I just wanted proof that I used a sweater in GuanacasteHaha But then I realized that I had a fever so that is why I was cold. Oops. But it was a little chilly that day. I was just really excited to whip out my sweater and have my hair down on a normal day. 

Well, that's all for now folks. I hope all of y'all have a wonderful week and make good choices. Remember who you are. Remember that I love you. Remember that God loves you. 
Remember that you are important. Remember to love yourself. Remember to repent every single day. Remember that this life is way to short to have regrets so live in way that you don't have to. 
Until next week
Love, 
Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment