Friday, March 20, 2015

I'm teaching a bird to talk

So today the main thing that I wanted to share is a really cool quote that I absolutely love by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"We need to accept that the commandments of God aren't just a long list of good ideas. They aren't "life hacks" from an Internet blog or motivational quotes from a pinterest board. They are divine counsel, based on eternal truths, given to bring "peace in this world and eternal life in the world to come."
I read that quote in a talk this week. I love it so so so much! Mainly because it is so true. Muchas veces, I think that we all forget to that the commandments are not just things that can make us happy if we decide to listen to them, its not just " oh yeah... that could be a good idea" or "maybe I should do that" NO. That is not actually how it works. The commandments are given to us to ensure that we can obtain salvation. If we don't follow them, simply put we are throwing our salvation down the drain. It is not to say that we are going to be perfect here in this life, because no, but being human and being imperfect is not an excuse that you can use now to do things for which you will need to repent later. Talk is from the General Women's conference in October and it is called "Living the Gospel Joyful" and you should all probably read it. I even made it clickable so you don't even have to use that much effort. I'm telling you that you will change your life.  
Here are some photos of this past week. I didn't take that many because my camera died and I kept forgetting to charge it. 


This is a road in my area and I just thought it was super super beautiful!



​This was our lunch the other day. One of the sisters that we share our area with is Colombian and she made us Colombian food and it was super tasty. Except the avocado.. this is actually my companions plate... I don't put that weird food anywhere near things that I eat. 



​Just because I held a talking bird and I am in the process of teaching it to say "Hermana Gibson es pura vida" its a work in progress.. but I think its coming along. 

I love all a whole bunch!!!!!
Have a beautiful week!
Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment