Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Meet the companion…Just kidding…you already know her… LOOK WHOS MY COMPANION!!!!!

So if you cant tell I am more than a little bit excited. To be completly honest I didnt write last week because I have not been really happy recently and I didnt want to share anything sad. So.. we had interviews with President on Thursday and he told me that I would be having emergency transfers on Monday... so I anxiously awaited the phone call to know where I would be going... and on Sunday night the assistants called. Elder Tai proceded to tell me that I would be going to Santa Cruz, Guanacaste and that my new companion would be Hermana Garcia!!!!


I started screaming and jumping up and down I was so so so happy. I once asked president if we could be companions and he just kind of lauged at me. Hahaha 
Emergency changes suck to be real honest, but I know that I am going to be happier than I have been these past few weeks. I am so excited to begin working here in Santa Cruz. I know that it is going to be real real hot outside. I bought sweaters in Grecia and when I unpacked yesterday I left them all in my suitcase. 
I am so greatful for the time that I had in Grecia, while it was a short 4 weeks, and I wasnt the happeist I have ever been, I learned so much from the trails that I faced there. About 4 days ago I had no idea what it was that I was supposed to be learning but I think I have started to grasp some of the lessons. 
I am so excited for this new change. 
Next week I will have some photos of the beach and monkies. I think. But Honestly I just wanted to share my testimony with yall. 
This past month has been hard for me. I have learned so much how to rely on the Lord in all times and in all thigs. When life is hard and you feel alone, remember to respect the fact that there is someone who litteraly died for you and that you can turn to him for help in any moment. When you feel like you are not important remember that there is someone who loves you, and that you are important. Maybe not to every single person on planet earth, but there is someone who would give up his life for you... who gave up his life for you. 
If it werent for the atonement of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I honestly dont think I could continue in life. Every day I turn to him for comfort. 
I am not perfect, and I will never claim to be, but I know that the atonement is perfect, and because of that knowledge, I am not affraid. I know that everything will be okay. 
I love you all more than you know. Something I have learned in the mission is how to love people the way that Christ loves them and that is something that I think all people should learn. 
Have a great week, and rememeber that yall are all important. 
Love, 
Brooke

​ps- Today I ate taco bell. mmmmm so yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment