Tuesday, January 13, 2015

6 month mark! Can you believe it!!!!

So, I honestly feel like this last week went by so quickly... and the same with the past 6 months. I finished my 6 month mark on my mission on the 9th of Jan and its a crazy feeling. I honestly don't feel like I have been out that much time or that I have much time left on my mission even though it’s a year. Everyone always says that but I dont think its something you can understand until you live it. haha
So this week was interesting. We woke up on Saturday to find out that our neighbors brother passed away, so that was really sad! He was in Guacimo for all of December and January and then went back to San Jose to have a heart surgery and he died during the surgery. So sad. He was way cool and we were pretty good friends. He always told me that we needed to take pictures to send to gringolandia. haha
I think there may be changes soon and I may or may not be affected. Guacimo will always hold a special place in my heart. I have lived, worked and been with the people here for almost 5 months now. I think that the love we as missionaries feel for the people and the places we are in is even deeper than the love from the people in the area love the place. I don't know how to describe it. Words don't do it justice. I have never ever in my life felt so much love for so many people. Sometimes I feel like the love that I have for this place and the people doesn't fit inside me and I am going to explode one day. I love my mission, I love Costa Rica and the people here and I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
I want to say things, I really do. I honestly just don't have very much to say.
Hermano Otilio had his birthday so we took him a cake and sang to him.

We went on divisions and I drank soda from a plastic bag.

Just me and one of my favorite people


Honestly, not much happened.
I love you all a whole bunch!
Yall are great!
Love,
Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment