Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My new companion and a few pictures.


Here is my adorable Mexican churro! 
Her name is Hermana Gutierrez and I love her a whole bunch! 
She is 19 and she would like to say a big ole HOLA to everyone!

Ah bueno, yesterday we had the coolest thing ever happen. The elders gave us a reference of a single lady and her kids about a week ago and we could never find her, but yesterday we went to go look for her and she was finally home. So when we got there we just kind of started talking to her and she was telling us about how she is a widow and all of these sad things and then she goes "I want to get baptized, I need to get baptized" now, for those of you who don't know, we invite everyone to baptism during the first visit, but this was BEFORE we even started teaching. Then when we invited her to baptism, she just started crying and said "yes, please" and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Her sister is actually a member and she has been to church with her sister a few times but in a different ward. It just goes to show that The Lord is preparing people to receive his gospel all over the world. We never know when someone is ready or willing, and as members of the church it is our responsibility to share with everyone.




​Here is a picture of the temple! Just because it is pretty and I love getting to see it 2 times a week. We don't get to go inside (It's closed both days) but that's okay. It just makes me happy to see it. 




Here is a picture of Carlitos on the day of his second baptism. His records were lost so he had to get baptized again! He was really excited too!

Well, until next week!
I love you all. Remember that life is short and we never know when it is going to be our time. I have learned that more this week than I think I have yet in the mission. Have a great week!

Just a silly picture. 


Love,Brooke 
For all of you who asked, Yes I knew Elder Cuevas. I knew him well. He was an outstanding Missionary! I will forever be touched by his kindness and love for everyone. We will one day see each other again, this I'm sure. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet missionary! I loved this letter, the tenderness which she speaks about everyone is so touching. Just want to hug her!

    ReplyDelete