Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Goodbye Gaucimo…Hello Grecia

So I am going to be completely honestly when I say that it hurts to write this email. I have been in Guacimo since I got here on August 18th and I love the people there more than I can possibly describe. Its something that unless you have served a mission it is impossible to understand I am pretty sure. I had a feeling this whole week that I was going to have changes so I started telling everyone goodbye. I had time to say bye to everyone that I wanted to but it didn't change the fact that when my zone leaders called me on Sunday in the afternoon I immediately started to cry. I had a feeling of peace in my heart and I know that wherever it is that I go it is because that is where the Lord wants me at that time. I have been so blessed and privileged to serve in Guacimio and work with the people there. It is a place that will have a spot in my heart as long as I live and I am sure after that too. Here are some photos that I took my last day in Guacimo!
Feb 3.jpg
Feb 3 2.jpg



The Elders Black and Dale brought us breakfast for the last time outside of our window on Monday morning. They're seriously the greatest!
Feb 3 3.jpg


Here is Me and Hermana Martinez in the bus on the way to San Jose
Feb 3 4.jpg



We have to go to San Jose to meet our new companions and from there we go to our new areas and what not. So its like a giant meeting of missionaries in Central Park.... and I was the happiest person ever because I got to see 3 of my favorite people!!!
So here is a photo of the crew in San José!
Feb 3 5.jpg




So my new area is Grecia in Alajuela. Its a little bit colder than Guacimo. Haha okay its a lot bit colder than Guacimo. I was dying yesterday... today my companion gave me a sweater to use. But right now, it feels like a nice fall day outside and everyone who has been here a while says that its hot. So Im a little worried to see what the climate is like. It doesn't rain that much so that will be nice. I think. Its a city. Okay really no,but in comparison to where I was before I feel like I live in New York City. There is a mango tree in front of my house and a huge catholic church on the corner. It is soooo pretty. Grecia is definitely a whole lot prettier than where I was before. Today we are in a place called San Ramon and we had to pass through Naranjo to come to our district meeting and the whole 2 hours I was just stunned by how pretty it is here. I can tell that I am going to like it a whole bunch. I dont think I will be seeing any more sloths any time soon but I think that it will be worth it. haha
This is my new companion and I today outside of the church in San Ramon. Her name is Hermana Canales and she is from Hondurus. She is super great and im way excited to work with her. Our branch doesn't have a church building. We meet in a house outside on the lawn. Way cool huh?
Feb 3 6.jpg


Well folks thats about all for now. Here is a photo of the moon last night. There are a LOT of hills in my area. A LOT! I think I am going to be losing some weight here. haha
Feb 3 7.jpg

I love all yall a whole bunch and I hope youre all doing great!
Until next week!

Love ya’ll

Brooke

1 comment:

  1. She is in Spencer's former District =) Lots of great things happening there right now, she is going to make a wonderful impact and help many good people there!

    ReplyDelete