Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Monday Nov 3, 2014 exciting title huh?! ;)

Buenas familia y amigos...este semana realmente no era super buena, pero vamos a orar y mejorar.
I am going to start with my embarrassing moments so that I can get them out of the way and get to the real things. haha but I did have 2 or 182394721 this week.. as normal... but i am only going to share 2.
So primero, we were walking and we have to do this thing where was talk to 20 people every day and share something small and invite them to do something. So normally you look for something to start a conversation and there was this lady who was a super cute pregnant lady, so I asked her how many months pregnant she is and it turns out that she isn't pregnant... yeah.. she wasnt to impressed and I was mortified. We had a good laugh and thank goodness she wasn’t mad. I’ll NEVER ask anyone that again!!!! Needless to say I didn't say anything else...
Next, we have a new missionary in our ward because Elder T is training and his name is Elder B,, however that is besides the point... he is from Guatemala and is a super cool person... but I went to say something to Hna C about how he does things like I used to 3 months ago and its crazy how much he is going to learn so quickly. He was right there so I said it in english and then she agreed and we continued the conversation... about 3 minutes later this dude starts taking straight up english like he was born and raised in the states and is the whitest person there ever was... yeah well he was born in Guatemala but lived in Arizona for 11 years so he speaks english better than I do. He learned english and spanish at the same time... oops. that was definitely not my brightest moment. I am pretty sure that my face was super red.
One other funny thing that was not funny in the moment that was just super frustrating was we were in a really important lesson with a new investigator and we brought a member with us to visit the investigator and the lady asked us why we don't drink coffee so we started to explain the word of wisdom to her and then this member jumps is and is like its for the caffeine that we don't drink it so if its de-caf then go for it and we are like uhh no and she goes on and on and on about it forever and i interrupt her and she is cuts in again and starts going off about how its fine if its pure coffee and you grind the beans yourself because it doesn't have caffeine in it and hna C jumps in and is like uhhh no and starts to explain why and this lady again cuts off hna corrales and at this point we are like okay really? you have been a member longer than i have been alive so we cut her off and we are like well we are going to talk more about this the next time we come is it cool if we have a prayer before we leave. because really there was NOTHING we could do to make her be quiet. So word of advice to members.. if you are going to go out with the missionaries please only share when they ask you too and what they ask you too. These people are children of our Heavenly Father and they need to hear the truth and not be confused.
Now that that is over I have some things that I want to tell yall. More words of advice and things that I have learned. oohhh Brooke is now intelligent. haha pero no. serious time. ya.
I wanted to talk about 2 things in particular. The power of the priesthood and one more thing. So I just want to start with saying that the priesthood is real. I am more grateful now for the priesthood than I ever have been in my life. It is something that is a blessing in our lives and that we should not take for granted. God has given this power to worthy men and we as women in the church although we do not have this power have higher and more special privileges than any other women on the face of the planet.. however along with privileges come responsibilities and duties.. which means that we also have the highest responsibilities and duties in the world. It is important that we sustain those whole hold this sacred power and it is important that we give every opportunity to those who are around us to exercise their priesthood authority because in reality it is not something that they can use to bless themselves, this is impossible and any worthy priesthood holder will not want to. I don't honestly know how to describe my love for this gospel and my gratitude for the fact that I have the opportunity to make use of this amazing authority that is the priesthood, I have seen it bless more lives than I can count in only these 3 short months.
Next, this is something that I have been thinking about A TON these past few days. DO NOT PUT YOUR SALVATION IN THE HANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE!
I don't know how to stress this enough. The people here in my ward are great but a lot of them do not like to go to church because there are other people there who they dont like or they think are hypocrites or they don't think are worthy to take the sacrament or this or that or this or that. The point is that they don't go to church and the excuse they use is the people who do go to church. Im going to be real honest here. If you EVER use that as an excuse you need to rethink your logic. Leave the judgement to Christ on judgement day and go to church. The fact of the matter is that your salvation does not depend on anyone but yourself, just like the salvation of other people depends on them. I highly doubt although I can't say that I am certain because I haven't been there but I would say that when judgement day comes and Christ asks you why you didn't go to church that he isn't going to want to hear anything about the fact that you didn't think your neighbor was digno to partake of the sacrament or that your bishop was a hypocrite. Going to church is a commandment and 1, you are wasting blessings if you don't go, and 2, it is something that you are going to be asked about when you have to face Christ.
My salvation depends on me and me alone. Christ is not going to ask me about mistakes that my mother made or that the relief society president made. He will ask me about me. This is the same not just with church attendance but with everything. Your salvation depends on you and you alone. You WILL NOT have to answer for the wrongdoings of other people and just the same, these other people WILL NOT have to answer for yours.
Just something to think about.
I dont have my camera cord to upload photos but I do have them so I will send a ton next week!
I love all y'all!

Hna Brooke =)

The Church is true, the book is blue,

No comments:

Post a Comment