Thursday, August 7, 2014

Semana 4!!!! 1 week and 5 days till I blow this Popsicle stand!

Oh my gosh ! Every single week I feel like I say the same things at the beginning of my email. I got a new assignment. Hna Yardley and I are now the music coordinators for the branch. We handle the music for Sundays.. well for the next 2 Sundays because that is all we have left! We are out of here in 1 week and 5 days!! I seriously can not wait for Costa Rica. I am noticing that you can only be so ready when you leave. There is only so much you can do here in the MTC and the rest will come in the field. The 2 other districts in our branch/zone left on Monday for Spain and Mexico. It is kind of weird with them gone but we are getting 22 new babies today. Only 15 left so we are going to have a really large branch. We will be at 37 missionaries. Well actually 39 because we have 1 Visa waiter from this last group and one who actually I literally just this second found out is leaving for Mexico tomorrow. 
Alright, I guess for the fun stuff now, I fell down the stairs. If you know me you know how good I am at that. We went to the Temple today as a district all together and that was great. Then we went to Brigham's Landing and had lunch. We stopped at a place called sub zero ice cream, it was kind of like cold stone but I honestly thought it was rather un-impressive. We still have 3 investigators. 2 named Javier and one named Daniel. Although we will finish teaching Daniel pretty soon because Hno. Turner plays him and he is leaving for his hometown sometime next week. A little bit of a bummer because I learn so much better from him than I do form our other teacher. I am more of a hands on kind of person and that is how he teaches. Also, we had the most amazing lesson with Daniel on Saturday. I cried. Like a baby. He cried. My companera cried. It was just a party of spiritual tears up in that room. I honestly don't think I have ever felt the spirit leading me in a direction so strong before in my life. It was so powerful. I could tell that Hermana Yardley was confused because that was not at all the direction we had planned on going and she was just staring at me but I just knew that I had to share one experience in particular. If you asked me to relay that experience to you right now on the spot I probably would not be able to do it as well as I did it in the lesson. Actually I know that I wouldn't be able to. That was all the spirit talking. It was by far the best moment I have had yet in the MTC. It is an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. 
I was having a hard time because the people that we teach are not real investigators, and we are supposed to love them as we would a real one. I have been struggling with that and so the night before and that morning I had prayed that Heavenly Father could help me feel love for Daniel and both of the Javier's and then that happened. I have such a strong testimony that God does listen to our prayers and that he does answer us. Not always in the way that we want or in the amount of time that we would like, but he does answer them in the way that is best for us. Prayer is the most amazing thing. When I was getting ready to come out people would tell me that I better get ready to pray a lot and I now realize what they meant by that. I pray probably 15 to 20 times a day. Easily. 
I know that I bear my testimony every single week but that is because I just want everyone to understand how much this gospel means to me and how munch I know that it is true. There is nothing that I know more. There is nothing that I have a better, firmer knowledge of than this gospel. I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he translated the Book of Mormon by and through the power of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet on the earth today. I know that God lives. And I know that Jesus Christ lived and died and lives again for me and for every single person that has ever lived, lives now, and ever will live. That by and through him and the power of his atonement we can be saved from our sins and the evils of the world and we will be able to live with our Heavenly Father again. 
I love you all more than anything! 
Weekly plea for emails and letters and Dear Elders! If you haven't sent me one yet and you promised me one just know that you are on a list... the list is as follows

Shawn Reynolds
Darrin Harvard
Ben Wassink
Austyn Vickers
Brooke Robinson
Stockton Raso
John Stone
Carrie Chappel
Josh Fabrizio

and some others but I am running out of time. Y'all have an awesome week! The next time I email it will be 5 days till I leave! Oh Yeah! Were supposed to get our visas and our travel info this week! 

Love,
Hermana Gibson







No comments:

Post a Comment