Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Lots to say but forgot my camera, don't hate me.

Hey Y'all!

First I just wanted to say that I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pictures this week either. Okay, yes I have them but I just can't send them!

This week was crazy. We had to go on emergency splits so I had to pack in like 30 seconds and then we had to go take a bus. Then we went to part of our area call bosque which is about an hour and a half walking and there is only 1 bus to go and 1 bus to come back so we had to walk every day. haha It was actually great fun.
We had our miracle baptism on Sunday... and guess what?? In the mission we had a goal of 200 baptisms and confirmations in November and Sunday afternoon we had 199 confirmations... but there is a church in guanacaste that has meetings in the night at like 6 for all of the people who work in tourism jobs and they confirmed the last one so we literally had exactly 200 confirmations in the month of november. Crazy huh? It was definitely a month where you could feel the spirit and the stress. haha
Embarrassing moment: Sooo I am sure you are all going to be very surprised but I don't actually remember one! I am sure that something happened but I don't remember what it was. Cool huh? I guess thats a step in the right direction.
I am super excited for monday. We have changes and I feel like a lot is going to happen. Our zone leader elder tai had emergency changes and went to be the assistant so he is in training with the assistants who are dying this change and the other zone leader elder lopez who is going to be the new assistant too. My district leader had emergency changes and went to be the zone leader in place of the elder lopez so now we have a mini missionary here for a week until changes and it is super cool. Hes a convert of about 6 months and is working on doing his papers so he can leave on a mission at his year mark. How strong of a testimony can you possibly have right? so cool. He was telling me that he parents are ticked that he is here on a mini mission and even more ticked that he is a member and that he wants to serve a mission. He was an atheist before so now he doesn't really have any friends and I was just thinking like woah what courage it would take to be in his position.
So yeah... lots of changes coming our way on monday and Im super excited.
I am learning lots of things here... and one thing that I have learned is the the mission changes you.. I learned that a while ago.. but what I learned recently... as in ohh about 45 minutes ago is that it doesn't always change you for the good and that whether you change for the bad or for the good you are going to change so you should do your best to make sure it is for the better. I honestly never thought that I would see someone change so quickly into a negative person but I promise it happens. I know that I am not the most positive person on planet earth but I am definitely working on it and I can tell that I am not as negative as I was before. If you are negative life is just harder. DONT MAKE LIFE HARD FOR YOURSELF. You have enough people throwing negative things at you and you don't need to add more to it. Be happy. Also, other people too, have enough negative people in their lives, the last thing they need is your smart comments and your negative remarks... again, be happy.
I have also been thinking about service. Then I saw this on lds.org

Its really a profound statement. It doesnt matter how much money you have, what matters is that you help the people who are in need.

Well, thats all for today!
I love you all a whole bunch!

Love,
Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment