Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hola World!


Hola World! 

Big news! Hermana Gibson and Hermana Yardley got assigned as sacrament meeting greeters. I know, I know, big deal! We even got to stand up in sacrament meeting and everything. Haha okay but it is a branch of about 25 people and about 10 of us are greeters and then you take away the branch presidency and their wives and that leaves us with 9 people to great. Yeah its gonna be a tough job!
I can't believe that it is already Wednesday again! The weeks here go by so fast! The language is coming along. I actually have a lesson here in a few hours with a new investigator, Daniel. He is actually our teacher Hermano Turner. Oh yeah! So Carlos did turn out to be our new teacher Hermano Thorson, who is now our teacher and another investigator Javier. It is super helpful having them as our investigators and our teachers so that they can tell us what we need to improve on. For a while I thought that if I was English speaking I could go out into the field right now and be just fine but it turns out that there is still so much that I don't know! Every day I learn something. Well every day I learn lots of somethings. 
One of the elders caught me staring at the teachers but yesterday... that was awkward. I didn't even notice that I was looking until the elder pointed it out. So embarrassing.
I got to see Brea again a few more times. Today we had lunch together at the main campus. I love her so much! She is hopefully leaving for Mongolia on Sunday! How exciting! I can't wait for August 18th to go to Costa Rica. I know that I will be so overwhelmed but it is going to be so awesome. I just know it. 
I am still having some problems with my companion. I do like her I am just having a really hard time loving her. She just kind of works my nerves. She is always wining and I just have a hard time handling it. I am working on biting my tongue and keeping my mouth shut and I have come a long way. I haven't yelled at her in over 24 hours so I think we are on the right track. I know that I will love her before we leave the MTC. Please pray for me for that! Thanks!
Anywho, we went to the Temple today and that was super awesome! I love the fact that I get to go every week. I love the Temple so so so so so much! It is super nice to be able to go there and just forget about everything that is going wrong. I have a few bad days in a row just because I was starting to feel down on myself about the language. I know that I will get it sometime, I just have really high expectations of myself and it is hard when I don't live up to them. So when I went to the Temple it was super awesome because I just felt so much better. The devotional on Sunday last night and Tuesday night were both amazing! One of my favorite quotes from Sunday night's was 
"Great moments happen when preparation meets opportunity" Think about that. I think that it is so profound. 
Oh on Monday morning our fire alarms in our apartment started going off at 5:30 a.m. That is an hour before we are supposed to wake up. So when they first went off all 4 of us just layed in bed, but then they started going off again. Not chirping, but full on screeching over and over again. So we all got up and wrapped ourselfs in our blankets and waddled over to the front desk, which where by the way there were about 90ish elders boarding the bus for the airport so yay for looking dead, but anyhow the guy at the front desk calls security and they come in and tell us that it is because THE BATTERIES ARE OUT! So by the time they put new batteries in all 4 of our smoke detectors it was 6:15 and we had 15 minutes left to sleep. Lets just say that the Elders in our district had a pretty good laugh at our expense until they realized that we actually need all 8 hours of sleep to be normally functioning nice pleasant members of our little west campus missionary society.
My companion is a musical person so she sings in the Chior. Last week she made me do it with her but this week I put my foot down and my zone leaders authorized a split so that she can go with the other Hermanas in our zone and I can stay with the other Hermanas in our district. So that is great! 
This part is for Rachael! Rach! I got your dear elder and I have so much that I want to tell you but I don't know your email so please pretty please send it to me before next Wednesday so I can send you everything. 
Okay. I just want to finish by saying that this has been the most amazing/tough/scary experience and I am so grateful for it. I know that I am only 2 weeks into 78 weeks but seriously it is amazing. Every day I become more converted to this gospel and I gain a stronger testimony. Every day I see the hand of God in my life and in the lives of the hundreds of missionaries serving around me. Each and every day I become closer to my savior. I have learned so much and I am just getting started. 
Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que el don de lenguas es real. Yo se que El Libro de Mormon is verdadero. Estoy muy agradecida por este opportunidad. Yo se que Jose Smith fue una profeta de Dios. Yo se que Thomas Monson es el Profeta hoy. Esta creencia ayuda me vivir feliz. 
I love you all so very much! You are great and if you are struggling just remember that you are a child of God. He loves you and only wants what is best for you. Sometimes we struggle but in those times we learn to rely on Christ and the atonement. I have such a strong testimony of the atonement and the power that it is in every single person's life. I have never ever felt closer to my savior than I do at this very moment. 
Please pretty please send me dear elders and letters. Its super sad when everyone else gets one and I don't. 
This is the Lord's church and this is the Lord's work. 
Les quiero mucho! 
Hermana Gibson














No comments:

Post a Comment